Program Duration :3 Days
At the end of the program, participants will be able to:
• Understand the crucial role of the GIS in planning and decision making
• Utilize the generated data and information in planning of the target places and sites.
• Efficienly allocate the required resources
• Deploy GIS technology
• (Geographical Information System (GIS) is a system that integrates hardware, software and data for capturing, managing, analyzing and displaying all forms of geographically referenced information.
• GIS allows us to view, understand, question, interpret and visualize data in many ways that reveal relationships, patterns and trends in the form of maps, globes, reports and charts
• GIS helps to answer questions and solve problems by visualizing the data over geographical maps in a way that is quickly understood and easily shared.
• GIS technology can be integrated into many enterprise information system (EIS) frameworks.
• A typical use of GIS is to search and locate objects over the map and view their attributes.
• Another interesting usage of GIS is finding patterns by looking at the distribution of features on the map instead of just an individual feature to see patterns.
• GIS is implemented in several utilities authorities for easier deployment, administration and user support.
• ESRI ArcGIS software with both client and web based applications are in use.
• Authorities normally has an expert team of professionals to implement GIS core applications and customize it as per the user needs.
Various GIS software used:
• ArcMap based editing tools for GIS editing, feature creation, map preparation and plotting.
• ArcGIS objects for programming and customizing GIS interface to align with business rules according to end user requirements.
• ArcIMS Web Mapping Application to host GIS over web interface with provisions to search and locate various GIS features in conjunction with business information.
• ArcGIS Web Mapping Application representing (e.g.) full UAE maps with waiter concentration, Mobile network cell locations, WIMAX tower locations, etc.
• Telcordia Network Engineer which is built over ArcGIS to represent physical network elements inside and outside the plant.
• ATDI software used for WIMAX planning – a product used by radio planning to plan WiMAX towers, sectors, antenna and frequency.
• Business systems
• Work order system
• Management system
• Network inventory system
• Forecast system
Technical and administrative who are keen for developing their skills related to effective utilization of the GIS.
• Individual assignments
• Project work